Helpful Tips from the Community (FAQs)
As a Driver, due to safety and regulations enforced by FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration), you may not edit drive time auto recorded by the device. However, a driver can edit manually added statuses, modify comments and update trip information that appears in the Daily Log Header.
As an Admin, you can only edit logs once the Driver(s) has sent the logs to you from their ELD App. From the ELD Admin Portal, when you edit the log and save it, the changes are sent to Driver(s) and they are responsible for accepting these changes. Please note, until Driver(s) accepts the changes you have made, you won’t be able to edit the sent logs.
There are two options to send your logs to the FMCSA.
Option 1: "SEND LOGS VIA EMAIL" - Pressing this button will send your logs to the FMCSA via email. The benefit of using this option is you can enter notes in the comments field.FOR BOTH OPTIONS you will get a confirmation whether or not the logs were successfully received.
Option 2: "SEND LOGS VIA FMCSA WEB SERVICE" - Pressing this button will send your logs from the OCC server directly to the FMCSA server.
- From the Home Screen, after Pairing with the telematics device, Select “Add DVIR”
- Review that your carrier and vehicle Information is correct
- You can click on “Add or Remove Defects” under Vehicle Defects and/or under Trailer Defects
- Select from a list of possible defects, you can add comments and pictures relating to the defect. (Maximum of 4 pictures)
- Click “Done” when defects have been selected
- Check if the vehicle condition is Satisfactory or Unsatisfactory.
- Sign and “Click Agree” to submit, or “Not Ready” if edits are needed.
- You can View or Email the signed Inspection Report from the Logs Tab
If you forgot to Log off and your Off Duty time is counting towards your HOS, you can go back and edit your previous logs.
- Go to the Logs Tab
- Select Change Date at the top of the screen
- Select the date you wish to Edit
- Edit the Time and/or the Duty status
- Certify and Send the Log
START YOUR SHIFT:
- Check that your telematics device is powered on by looking for visible lights on the device and your Bluetooth is turned on.
- Open your EDL App and login then select Pair to Vehicle button on the home screen to ensure you are connected to the device.
- Go to Logs and select Summary to make sure all details are listed correctly such as Co-Drivers, Trip Destination, Carrier, and Vehicle information
- Before you begin driving, select the On Duty status and select the ADD DVIR button on the home screen to complete the pre-trip inspection.
- Once you have signed and confirmed the condition of the vehicle, submit your DVIR.
- Return to the home screen and Select the correct status button to reflect what you will do next.
- Check your logs periodically by selecting the logs menu tab at the bottom of the screen to make sure your graph is correct and displays your status accurately. (If you need to modify the status and time, If there is an issue you will find an EDIT button listed in each status row)
- Change status throughout your hour cycle to Off Duty, On Duty (not driving), Driving, Break or Sleeper as needed.
END YOUR SHIFT:
- Go to the Logs screen and submit your logs to your carrier.
- Change your status to Off Duty and log out until you restart your trip the next day.